Take time each day to write something about your life's journey. Reflect daily on that which has meaning for you. There is always something but we often let the little miracles go unacknowledged. Capture them, cherish them and claim them as part of the wonderment of your life ~ Mary Francis Winters

Sunday 12 July 2015

Life's little miracles


The kitchen garden is a riot of colour - flowers in glorious profusion - hardly any room the  vegetables.  This is no accident - I plant them along the edges of the beds on purpose.  Companion planting - something I have always done - mixing everything up, and it seems to work.  Although to the vegetable garden purist it may look a chaotic mess.  Today I gathered the first of my crops; finger-sized courgettes and lettuce and a couple of cucumbers - from plot to plate in a couple of shakes.  Even after many years of growing my own food I still get a thrill when I go to the top of the garden to see what I can find - almost like foraging for free food.  And you know what - it all tastes darned good.  You can't beat it. 

The day was very hot so as it cooled a little in the evening we went for a stroll by the lake which was as flat as a mirror, the sky and trees reflecting in the water.  Just us, and a family of swans floating by. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.