Take time each day to write something about your life's journey. Reflect daily on that which has meaning for you. There is always something but we often let the little miracles go unacknowledged. Capture them, cherish them and claim them as part of the wonderment of your life ~ Mary Francis Winters

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Blogger Burnout

I read quite a few blogs during a normal week; some I comment on; some I don't.  But, the good thing about blog-hopping is that you come across some crackers.  Of all the gazillion blogs out there - only
a handful, to my taste anyway, are beautifully presented, exquisitely written and worth returning to.

On the other hand; there are some that fascinate me with their awfulness.  Terrible layout; bad photographs; obscure topics and generally a rather bad attitude. But I keep returning to them and so do other people if the number of comments is anything to go by.

So what is it that attracts us to some blogs and not others.

Most are pretty boring, the same as many others, with nothing to distinguish them - run-of-the-mill.  But some people have the knack - writing seems to come easy to them; they are always interesting no matter how few words they use.  They are the sort of blogs that make me want to give up blogging altogether because my blog posts could never compare.

We are told by the blogging 'professionals' that we should always use our own voice, blog about something we are passionate about blah-blah - but it isn't always that easy.  How do you put your own twist on a subject that has been covered millions of times before?

Sometimes I look back at my old blog posts and find that I have repeated myself without realising it, so narrow is the niche into which I have cornered myself.  One blog that I used to write had plenty of original posts that I always felt a little excitement about as I wrote them.  Nobody was doing the same thing - they were quirky and totally me.  But I gave the blog up because I kind of ran out of steam - but really I should have kept that one going and discarded the rest, because it really was written in my voice about what I enjoyed - but there is no going back - things have moved on - I have moved on.

So, where does that leave me in the blogging world - that I have yet to find out.  I have become bored with myself - struggling to find originality and the right words.  I am probably thinking too hard about this and should just go with the flow and I guess it has become a challenge now to keep coming up with the goods.  But the thrill of knowing I have written a good post has gone, where is the excitement that I used to get when I pressed Publish - for the time being that has gone too.