Take time each day to write something about your life's journey. Reflect daily on that which has meaning for you. There is always something but we often let the little miracles go unacknowledged. Capture them, cherish them and claim them as part of the wonderment of your life ~ Mary Francis Winters

Saturday 2 January 2016

Icon - Patti Smith

Patti Smith.:

I am sitting at the table watching the wind raging outside.  The pine tree in my neighbours garden is bending alarmingly, as though it will snap at any moment.  The hanging baskets full of bulbs are swinging to and fro like some sort of fairground attraction.  In front of me I have an unfinished crossword, my iPad and my new book - 'M Train' by Patti Smith.  I rarely buy new books, especially hardbacks, except when they are given to me as presents.  I love the woody smell of the paper, and the fresh ink; the untouched pages; and the way the book jacket creaks when I open it.  Full of words, as yet unread; words to inspire and marvel at; to encourage me to write the best prose I can; even if I am the only one who reads it.

Although I was hardly aware of Patti Smith at the time of her fame in the 70's; I am now enamoured with her; she has creativity oozing out of every pore; and I am already desirous of all her books which I will savour one by one until I have soaked all her writing into my bloodstream in the hope of producing something equally captivating.

I am also watching her DVD - 'Dream of Life' - filmed in grainy black and white; she records her life in words and pictures - so original - so creative.  I am smitten.  If you feel the need to read more about her, visit the wonderful website Brain Pickings here.  I am in no way trying to sell this book, or treat it as a review - that is not my job - I merely write as one who loves someone who is creative through and through - the kind of person I admire and strive to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.