Take time each day to write something about your life's journey. Reflect daily on that which has meaning for you. There is always something but we often let the little miracles go unacknowledged. Capture them, cherish them and claim them as part of the wonderment of your life ~ Mary Francis Winters

Monday 10 November 2014

found quotes

We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we have started
and know the place for the first time

little gidding - T.S. eliot

to see the world in a grain of sand
and a heaven in a wild flower
hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour

William blake

the indescribable innocence and beneficence of nature - of sun and win and rain, of summer and winter - such health, such cheer, they afford forever.  Shall I not have intelligence with the earth. Am I not partly leaves and vegetable mould myself.

henry david Thoreau

the true harvest of my daily life is somewhat intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening.  It is a little stardust caught, a segment of the rainbow which I have clutched

henry david Thoreau

We are nature, long have we been absent but now we return
We become plants, trunks, foliage, roots, bark
We are bedded in the ground, we are rocks
We are oaks, we grow in openings side by side

Walt Whitman

I go to nature to be soothed and healed
And to have my senses
Put in tune once more

John Burroughs

Death hath no part of me.  I am that living and fiery essence that flows in the beauty of the fields.  I shine in the water, I burn in the sun and the moon and the stars.  Mine is the mysterious voice of the invisible wind ... I am life

Hildegard of Bingen

The poetry of the earth is never dead

John Keats

When we try to pick out anything in nature
We find it hitched to everything else in the universe

John Muir

We are what the atmosphere is, transparent, receptive, pervious, impervious
We are snow, rain, cold, darkness, we are each a product and influence of the globe,
We have circled and circled till we have arrived home again, we two
We have voided all but freedom and all but our own joy.

Walt Whitmaqn